Self-Directed Digital Accessibility Courses Now Available
Three courses on digital accessibility are now live! These courses, provided through the AT3 Center, are FREE for you to take. The first course focuses on Accessible Webpage Design & Content. The second is Web Accessibility Testing: Basic Course. The third is Accessibility in Microsoft Word. Additional courses are also in the works. Learn more below about the courses, how to register and earning credentials.
Enroll in a Course
View this video tutorial on enrolling or follow the instructions below:
- To register for a course, please go the AT3 Center Canvas Catalog (at3a11y.catalog.instructure.com)
- Click on the course you’d like to enroll in
- Click Enroll
- Enter your account information
- Click Register New Account
- Click Enroll
- Find the email titled “Welcome to the Catalog” (make sure to check your Junk/Spam folder)
- Click the Confirm Registration button
- Create a Canvas password and click Submit
- Once you’ve done this, click Catalog Login underneath “Public Login”
- Now, you’re ready to go! Click on Go to Course and begin your learning.
Note: You may see some language about Oklahoma State Outreach or Oklahoma State University logos. We’ve partnered with Oklahoma ABLE Tech at Oklahoma State University, and the courses are housed in their Canvas system. We promise you’re in the right place!
Sign up with Credly
When you take these courses and complete the assessments, you’ll earn micro-credentials from Credly that you can share on your LinkedIn profile or resume. To take advantage of these credentials, it’s best to create a Credly account on an email address you will have permanent access to, such as a personal email address. If you don’t already have a Credly account, go to Credly Sign Up (Links to an external site) and enter your email address and a password.
You’ll receive a micro-credential email after the successful completion of each course.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours for Credly to issue your badge after you’ve completed a course.
Questions or Issues?
If you have any issues with the courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Future self-directed courses are also in the works for topics including:
- Basic Accessibility in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Complex Image Accessibility